2 September 2011

NYX Round Lipsticks with lip swatches! - PIC HEAVY

Hey lovers! I’ve always wanted to try NYX lipsticks after watching You Tube videos with girls in the US using them. They are available on Love-Makeup for £3.50 but with £2.95 delivery. I looked on eBay and found a seller in the US that ships to the UK, I got 6 NYX round lipsticks for £10.44! What a bargain eh!

I ordered these on the 17th August and they came on the 24th all wrapped in bubble wrap. When ordering these I had to write the number and the name of each lipstick I wanted in a message to the SELLER.

Whilst looking on eBay a few other sellers had listed Strawberry Milk (595) as a dupe for MAC’s Snob and Thalia as a dupe for MAC’s Viva Glam  I don’t own either of these MAC lippies so can’t do a fair comparison I just thought I’d let you know what a few others think.

Now for the swatches

Fig



Strawberry Milk




Thalia


Indian Pink



Tea Rose



Paris


Apologies for my Fox-like whiskers round my lips, I need a wax! haha!

Having never tried these lippies before I applied some vaseline so that my lips wouldn't be too dry, but boy there really wasn't any need, these lippies are so moisturising. I didn't find them drying at all.

My favourites so far are Fig, Thalia, Tea Rose and Paris. These are all what I would call safe colours for me, soft pinks and purples are so easy to wear on day to day. Before buying these I've been using Patisserie by MAC every day (which my chum Charlotte Taylor described as 'My lips but better' and I agree with that) however having these NYX lippies, I can now use these day to day instead. I've read a few reviews saying the staying power of them isn't too great but for the money I paid for them I don't mind that.

Indian Pink is a beautiful colour, an orange creme shot through with gold and Strawberry Milk is a very light barbie like colour I will keep them, I'm sure I'll get a use out of them one day.

Do any of you have NYX lipsticks? What colours am I missing out on?

9 comments:

  1. You've made me want to try NYX lipsticks now! Strawberry Milk and Thalia look lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the same as Glimmer and Glow!! Lovely subtle shades xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fig!
    Dont worry about the little hairs. We all have them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Strawberry Milk! The name is so yummy! ;) I bought some from Barry M recently which are similar to these. Thanks for the review! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so confused between NYX Fig and Tea Rose but finally got myself Tea rose. I wish I would've bought both. Fig looks beautiful <3 Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these colours are lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Glimmer and Glow - You won't be disappointed Rach, they're lovely xx

    @Amy - They really are nice x

    @MSodapop - True, mine just show up alot haha x

    @Mademoiselle Lala - Welcome x

    @Sara.H - Me too, they're really similar shades but there is a difference. Thanks hun x

    @Hannah - Agreed hunnie! x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours! I've had a seller saved on Ebay for a while who I wanted to buy off but just haven't gotten around to it. And there's such a huge colour range I was finding it hard to choose which to get. I'm loving Tea Rose, Paris and Fig though!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just been catching up on my blog feed and I got a little mention! Woo! I LOVE Patisserie. I adore it in fact! I just wish it wasn't so expensive. *sob* Have you ever found anything similar? Thalia looks a little like Patisserie in a way. I like Tea Rose too. They look lovely on you chum! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your messages girlies, they make my day! xxx