24 February 2011

Alexander McQueen - Alexander and I

Hey girls, just a quick heads up on a documentary that’s on this Friday (25th) at 9pm on more4 on fashion designer Alexander McQueen, it’s called McQueen and I. Model Jodie Kidd talks about her time as a model at his shows and there is also previously unseen interviews between the designer himself and his muse, the late Isabella Blow.

I’ve never really been a fashion/designer follower, it's only in the last couple of years that I've started to take more notice. I do know Alexander/Lee made some amazing creations in the past. It was sad to find out he had committed suicide, a great loss to the fashion industry.


Lee Alexander McQueen - 17 March 1969 - 11 February 2010

Take a look at the McQueen’s archives, "Plato's Atlantis" a women’s Spring/Summer collection for 2010 inspired by his love of deep sea diving, mainly in the Maldives. There are some amazing pieces in this video and some of them crazy shoes, as seen on Lady Gaga in her Bad Romance video. How the models walk in them I don’t know!

I will be watching on Friday night to get more insight into the legend that was Alexander McQueen.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog girly! Yeah I am sure the bronzed is available in boots/superdrug etc, I totally recommend it and is a much cheaper alternative to hoola! Let me know how you get on honey! Love your blog btw, now following! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darlingheart - You're welcome, you were one of the first people that I followed when I started my blog last year. I love your blog too. I will have to check for the Bronzer in Boots, it looks a good dupe. Thanks for following xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting! I didn't even know about this coming out. You should write a review on it! <3 They should do more documentaries on both established and groundbreaking designers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your messages girlies, they make my day! xxx