30 November 2011

Low Fat Cupcakes – 9 Pro Points on Weight Watchers


Hello my lovelies!! I have a few scheduled posts to get up but thought I’d get this up asap. I haven’t said too much about Weight Watchers on here because I was doing Slimming World before and failed miserably at it. I done WW about 8 years ago and got to a pound away from my goal, since then it’s all changed with the introduction of the new(ish) pro points system. I will go further into this after the New Year and I have got my stone award. At present I have lost 10.5 pounds and got into the previous stone which I haven’t seen for about 2 years now.



A while back I uploaded a few recipes and told you all about my love for baking, well I’ve missed it, so thought I would use the Weight Watchers ‘build a recipe’ feature on their website (you have to be a member to access it) to work out the pro points of a cupcake. My old cupcakes were a whopping 14 pro points, but with some tweaks here and there I have got them down to 9 pro points each. They were really yummy, I will admit I could definitely taste the difference however this didn’t stop me munching 4 of them! Where is my will power when I need it! I still lost a pound at Weigh in so wasn’t too bad.

When the cakes are cooked they don't go a nice brown colour like they do when cooked with butter, I think this is due to using Flora Light margarine. They were still yummy!

Makes 12 cupcakes

100g Flora Light
120g Self Raising Flour
2Tbspns Cornflour
110g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract

Topping
175g Unsalted Butter
250g Icing Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
Red food colouring (use the tip of a cocktail stick, so not to use too much)
100’s and 1000’s

I made 12 but before I had the chance to whip out the camera Darren had pinched one!

Maybe a light cream cheese frosting would have bought the pro points down even further, but I was happy with what I had made. It's definately something I could play with, I've never tried cooking with Canderel sweetner before, so wasn't sure if it would work. Have any of you baked with sweetner instead of granulated sugar?

If you try them let me know how you get on, they’re really yummy!

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!! these look so good! well done on your 10.5lbs! I got my stone sticker today!! Cant wait to see you on Sunday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look GORGE, and congrats on your loss not that you needed to lose any. I think out of all diets weight watchers is the best, coz no foods forbid you just stick to points. I love weight watchers own make puddings too x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I feel the need to point out that you always look absolutely fantastic in your pics and videos and don't look like you need to lose a single pound! Thats just my opinion but still! :)

    P.S the fact that one had been nicked from the tray even before you took the picture really amused me. they must've been scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Grace - Thank you honey! They were yummy! so good for low fat cupcakes. Congrats on the stone hun, that's amazing. I'm hoping to get mine before Christmas but I've got so much coming up! See you Sunday gorge xxx

    @Hey Luce! Thank you babe, they were pretty special, if i do say so myself! I wish I'd done WW earlier, I wasted so much money on Slimming World xx

    @Joy - Hey hun, they were delish! Ahh thank you, thats very kind, I would like to lose about a stone to get into my old clothes. haha! He's a little bugger! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your messages girlies, they make my day! xxx